Thursday, December 03, 2015

Devotional 12-3-15

Malachi 3:1-4,  Luke 1:68-79,  Luke 3:1-6

The scriptures talk about God preparing the world for His Son, Jesus.  This got me thinking about how I prepare for the birth of Jesus.

Preparing for Christmas, I usually write the names of those I want to gift and what I might give them.

I have been buying items through the year so, I get those out to see just what I have and what I might need to get.  I prepare the house with decorations and get some Christmas cards out in the mail (hopefully).  I attend some Christmas parties and concerts, including Lessons and Carols at JMUMC.

I physically prepare for Christmas but, how do I prepare spiritually for the birth of Jesus?  Mediating with this Advent Devotional Booklet is one way.  Let’s search our hearts and minds for ways to prepare for God’s Son, Jesus Christ.

Our Heavenly Father, help me prepare for the season of Christmas and Your Son, Jesus.

Kay Lewis

No comments: